As we get ready for our Canadian Thanksgiving this upcoming weekend, I wanted to share a couple of my healthy & easy, favourite pumpkin recipes to get you in the mood! The health benefits of pumpkin are incredible for your body because it is full of vitamins and minerals and we know that eating healthy and clean directly reflects on our skin health.
My Weekday Morning Simple Coffee
- Brew your regular coffee and add coconut or almond milk (I like mine steamed "misto")
- Top with cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin spice
My Weekend Healthy Treat Pumpkin Spice Latte
- Heat 1 cup coconut milk, 2 tbsp pumpkin puree, 1 tbsp maple syrup, 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice on stove in small pan, until the milk mixture is hot.
- Whisk vigorously to get it frothy and foamy for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a cup of fresh brewed coffee and sprinkle the top with more pumpkin spice.
Pumpkin Granola Yogurt Parfait
- Start with 1/3 cup of dairy free yogurt (coconut or cashew/almond are my fave!)
- Add 1/3 cup of pumpkin granola (either homemade or I love Nature's Path Organic Pumpkin Flax Granola)
- Top with berries, more pumpkin seeds and a sprinkle of cinnamon to get the added health benefits and amazing flavour.
Now that you've read this blog, want to know more about Clean Kiss Organics?
We create 100% Natural and Organic, Canadian artisan handcrafted products that are simple and pure for your body, face, hair and home. Our specialty is anti-aging premium skincare, all natural deodorant, and products for curly hair.
We are 100% Vegan, GMO free, Gluten Free (and free of all unnecessary garbage!) and Leaping Bunny Certified (meaning we never test on animals and neither do our suppliers). We also proudly give a portion of our sales to help homeless women and their children to get back on track with housing, education, and financial support.