For the majority of us, mornings are hectic and it seems almost impossible to get out the door on time. The thought of adding another thing to do in the morning probably makes you cringe, but before you jump to that conclusion, hear me out.
I first stumbled across the idea of dry brushing in a magazine article years ago. With further research I was intrigued to try it out and see if my body would stop feeling constantly cold. To my surprise not only did it help my circulation, but my skin was left glowing and soft.
WHAT IS DRY BRUSHING?
Dry brushing involves using a natural bristled, dry, stiff-brush and brushing the skin in an upward pattern towards the heart. This movement helps stimulate the circulation in your lymphatic system and remove toxins.
Yes, you literally use the brush dry on your skin without any water, lotion or oils prior to bathing. The idea is to gently rub the surface of the skin in circular motions to stimulate the lymphatic system.
The lymphatic system is a vital part of the immune system and helps transport lymph fluids throughout the body.
5 WAYS YOUR BODY BENEFITS FROM DRY BRUSHING
Let's take a look at the benefits of incorporating dry brushing into your skincare routine.
1. Lymphatic Drainage. Stimulates the lymphatic system and helps drainage of lymphatic fluids which flushes toxins out from the body, thus keeping your immune system strong.
2. Reduces cellulite. Cellulite is normal for most women and is generally caused by poor circulation, genetics, and lifestyle. It is nothing to be ashamed of!
3. Exfoliates dead skin cells and inhibits buildup, so skin is left looking smoother, brighter and blemish free because it opens up clogged hair follicles.
4. Promotes circulation and blood flow which allows skin cells to renew and for your circulatory system to function well. This can help speed up the recovery of scars and dark spots.
5. In-grown hairs. Helps to reduce in-grown hairs by eliminating and exfoliating away the top layer of dead skin that causes them.
First, purchase the perfect brush for you. There are plenty of dry brushes on the market, different sizes, some have soft bristles while others are harsher. I personally like to use a long-handled bamboo dry brush made with natural bristles.
It is not recommended to dry brush your face because of how thin and sensitive the area is.
Incorporating the brush into your skincare regime will help exfoliate, remove dead skin and renewal of new skin cells. Just be sure to be gentle and not go close to the eye area or any other sensitive areas.
HOW TO DRY BRUSH CORRECTLY
1. Suggested to be done in the morning this way your body is left feeling energized, fresh and awake. Dry brush prior to bathing.
2. Use circular strokes towards the direction of your heart.
3. Pressure should be consistent throughout but don't apply it anywhere it feels uncomfortable or painful. Use a gentle hand!
4. Process will take around 5 to 10 minutes. Go slowly and enjoy the self-care time.
6. Shower afterwards to rinse away the impurities that you've brought to the surface.
7. Towel dry and use a natural body butter, I personally like to use our Vanilla + Chai or Lavender + Vanilla body butter for all over moisture that lasts all day.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT CLEAN KISS?
At Clean Kiss we are passionate about creating natural skincare and body products that you can feel good about using yourself, and for your whole family.
From health-conscious, active mamas, to busy teenagers and dads, our customers love the experience of using our freshly-scented products that not only leave your skin feeling amazing, but ACTUALLY work.
Clean Kiss was founded by Family Natural Health Expert, Jodie Pappas, out of her own personal quest to find natural products for herself and her family that ACTUALLY worked. After first creating her signature natural deodorant, she went on to produce a full line of skincare and body products.
Each product is created in small batches using chemical-free formulations that have been recognized with several awards, has developed a loyal customer base of Clean Kissers, and has gained some international media attention by Business Insider, InStyle Magazine, The Toronto Sun, Breakfast TV Toronto, CHCH Hamilton, Global TV and more!